ECS Magnetic Sump Plug With 5 replacement O-Rings for Plastic Sumps
Remove abrasive particulates from cycling through your car’s oiling system to ensure longevity. Our ECS Tuning MQB Magnetic Drain Plug was in-house designed and engineered for a perfect fit and features a permanent magnet within the drain plug cavity. The magnet attracts and holds minute abrasive and ferrous metal particles, preventing their circulation through the oiling system.
Our Magnetic Drain Plug features a dual-drive head to make serviceability easier, with either the OE insert tool or with a standard 13mm wrench. Our design retains the OE trapezoidal thread with an integral engagement lock feature for a positive locking feature. The drain plug is made of OE-like Nylon resin with integrated heat stabilizer to avoid damage to the OE plastic oil pan
- In-house designed and engineered Magnetic Drain Plug captures minute abrasive and ferrous particles from cycling through the oiling system potentially causing premature engine wear
- Multi-purpose drive for easier serviceability; features a 13mm hex and OE Tool cavity
- Retains OE trapezoidal thread with engagement lug
- Made from OE-Nylon resin with integrated heat stabilizer, without glass filler, to avoid damage to the OE plastic oil pan
- Permanent magnet epoxied within the drain plug cavity with high strength, durable bond, resistant to thermal cycling and chemical degradation.
- Pre-installed Viton® Fluoroelastomer Rubber O-Ring, resists high-heat and chemical degradation within the engine oil sump
- MQB Drain Plug with bonded magnetic tip
- Pre-installed Viton® O-Ring
- QTY 5 additional O-Rings for replacements during oil change services
- ECS’ MQB Magnetic Drain Plug was designed, engineered, tested and quality inspected by our Research and Development team in our Wadsworth, Ohio facility. We strive for the highest level of precision and quality through leading-edge product development technology including FARO laser scanning for reverse engineering and quality inspection, SolidWorks 3D CAD modeling, rapid prototyping utilizing our in-house 3D printer, and rigorous long term product testing.
- After several years and many iterations of prototypes, varying between materials and designs, our Product Development Team found this design met our strict requirements for quality, fitment, and longevity. We tested aluminum and nylon materials and found the risk of damage to the oil pan was not worth the benefits that the aluminum plug would offer. After new nylon prototypes and thousands upon thousands of test miles performed we were finally satisfied with our final product.
INSTALLATION AND SUPPORT
- Our drain plug installs and removes just like OE, but with an additional 13mm hex head to make removal or installation simpler with common hand-held tools. Please note we recommend replacing the drain plug every 10 cycles due to the retention lug feature deforming. This follows the OE design which is called to be replaced after EVERY oil change service.
* Only suitable for vehicles with the Plastic Oil Sump.
* Replaces part no# 06L103801