APR Ignition Coils
APR Ignition Coil
APR Ignition Coils are designed to be a direct plug-and-play upgrade to factory coils, and provide greater energy output, ensuring a stronger and more consistent spark. The commonplace replacement of factory ignition coils with those taken from higher output Audi RS models, such as the 2.5T, is popularly believed to provide greater energy output. However, testing proves that they are no more powerful than the factory coils that are found on 1.8T and 2.0T engines. APR Ignition Coils increase energy output by 10%. They are a direct upgrade or replacement, and come with the coveted red housing made popular by the Audi R8!
- 10% more energy output than stock
- Red housing with APR Logo
- True upgrade, not just aesthetic
- Direct plug-and-play
APR list these as suitable for the following engines:
– 1.0T EA211 (Requires 3x) – Not Plug and play, rubber connectors from stock coilpacks need to be swapped over*
– 1.2T EA211 (Requires 4x) – Not Plug and play, rubber connectors from stock coilpacks need to be swapped over*
– 1.4T EA211 (Requires 4x) – Not Plug and play, rubber connectors from stock coilpacks need to be swapped over*
– 1.5T EA211 (Requires 4x)
– 1.5T EA211 EVO (Requires 4x)
– 1.6L EA211 (Requires 4x)
– 1.8T EA888 Gen 3 (Requires 4x)
– 2.0T EA888 Gen 3 (Requires 4x)
– 2.0T EA888 Gen 3B (Requires 4x)
– 2.5T EA855 EVO (Requires 5x) – NOT suitable for 8V pre-facelift/8P RS3
– 2.9T EA839 (Requires 6x)
– 3.0T EA839 (Requires 6x)
Please check the vehicle fitment tab before ordering. If your car is not listed in the vehicle fitment tab, these coilpacks are NOT suitable for your car.
Available as a Single Coil as well as packs of 3, 4, 5, 6
*The OE coils for these engines have shorter rubber connectors/boots than the APR coils. They will need to be swapped over from your OE coils to the APR ones in order to fit correctly.